Master GMAT 120pt Guarantee

Ask your questions about GMAT Tutor from The Economist products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

Master GMAT 120pt Guarantee

by NextGreatLeader » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 am
Does anyone know any info about the "up to 120pt guarantee" offered by Master GMAT? I haven't been able to find any additional info about it, but they have it written on all of their web banners.

by akhilsuhag » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:42 am
Yeah they dont really talk about them on thr website or newhr. I discussed it with them, thr are some pre-requisites:

1) You should have given the GMAT once. The gurantee is on your previous official GMAT score. So if you havent you don't get a gurantee.
2) Thr are some course requirements. You need to complete 85/90% of the course. I dont remember the exact number. You need to check with them.

I hope it helps.
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:20 members

by Isaac@EconomistGMAT » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:24 am
Hi there

Indeed we do offer a guarantee of up to 120 points, depending on your previous GMAT score.

And yes there are conditions attached, which make sense in terms of getting the student to study properly.
Firstly, you must complete at least 95% of the course, you must complete at least 5 simulation exams and have at least 1 live session with an instructor. And of course you must send us a copy of your original (or last) GMAT score along with the one you wil have done after studying with us.

These conditions are there to ensure that the student studies properly and gets the benefits from our program. If you do not achieve the score we will stipulate then your fees will be returned to you of course.

Have you started a free trial of our program??

Get going and then get in touch via [email protected]
Isaac Bettan
Academic Director
Master GMAT
https://econgm.at/EconomistGMAT
[youtube]QBNZczg84tU[/youtube]

by NextGreatLeader » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:06 pm
Isaac, thanks for replying. I haven't started a free trial yet. I actually have already purchased another program, but I think that my journey to beating the GMAT might be a long one, so I'm interested in seeing what else is available. The 120pt guarantee obviously intrigued me.

What previous GMAT score would someone need to get the full 120pt guarantee?
I haven't yet taken the official GMAT, but right now I'm expecting to score in the low to mid 600s on my first try. My end goal is 700+. What would be the guarantee if my baseline GMAT score is 600? What about 650?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:20 members

by Isaac@EconomistGMAT » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:47 pm
Hi there

For a score of 600 and 650 we would guarantee a score of 650 and 680 respectively. The guarantee gets smaller of course as the scores get higher. It would be impossible, for example, to guarantee 100 points for someone who got a 680 ! :) I would love to but if everyone were able to achieve a 700, there would be no GMAT!

The reason for this is straightforward, as you can imagine. An instructor who guarantees a 720 would have to know that the student is starting at a 690 or so because the margin for error decreases dramatically. Anyone who blindly offers a 720 or 700 even is not being honest or does not know how scoring on the GMAT works. And promising free courses if a student does not make a jump from say 450 to 700 well, let's just say I have talked to many who have taken a same course multiple times and this is counterproductive. At one point something NEEDS to change in approach and usually that can be achieved via a smart curriculum and personal help. Moreover, our guarantees are based on the official GMAT as we do not want to fool anyone into thinking they are weaker or stronger than they really are via initial exams that are meant to convey a certain score.

That said we have helped people achieve everything from modest jumps to great jumps including strong students starting at 680 and getting 770s and 550s to 700, so the material is there to get to the highest levels. Our program is a fantastic tool and if the student uses it properly, he or she has that much better a chance to make great leaps. I am quite sure that trying the program during the free trial will clarify what our program is about and how interactive and intelligent it can be,

If you do sign up for the trial, let me know under which name and username so that I can track you and offer some guidance on your performance.

All the best,
Isaac Bettan
Academic Director
Master GMAT
https://econgm.at/EconomistGMAT
[youtube]QBNZczg84tU[/youtube]