Seeking help on Essays for Ivey (Canada) and ESMT Berlin

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members
Hi Scott,
Do you provide any Analysis/assistance for the Essays for Ivey (Canada) and ESMT Berlin ?

It'd be great if you can get me any feedback on how to write the following two Essays from these two b-schools :

1. Ivey (Canada) : What is the most important issue that you've ever changed your mind about? (250 word limit)

2. ESMT Berlin : Imagine you have just finished your MBA. You have two months until your next career adventure is due to start and have decided to go on a cross-country automobile trip. You can afford to invite two fellow travelers. Who (can be people alive or historical figures) would you take with you and why? (1500 characters maximum)

BOTH the essays appear to be pretty unique.

Would much appreciate any feedback on them. . .Thanks in advance for your valuable time!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Sun May 13, 2018 10:54 am
RBBmba@2014 wrote:Hi Scott,
Do you provide any Analysis/assistance for the Essays for Ivey (Canada) and ESMT Berlin ?

It'd be great if you can get me any feedback on how to write the following two Essays from these two b-schools :

1. Ivey (Canada) : What is the most important issue that you've ever changed your mind about? (250 word limit)

2. ESMT Berlin : Imagine you have just finished your MBA. You have two months until your next career adventure is due to start and have decided to go on a cross-country automobile trip. You can afford to invite two fellow travelers. Who (can be people alive or historical figures) would you take with you and why? (1500 characters maximum)

BOTH the essays appear to be pretty unique.

Would much appreciate any feedback on them. . .Thanks in advance for your valuable time!
@RBBmba@2014

Thank you for requesting advice and for the post. I will give some initial thoughts here and if you want to explore further together, let me know!

1. Think about something that required you to think outside the box or think about a political or economic issue that would interest the reader. It would be great if this issue is important but not too controversial as you never know who will be reading the application. That said, the important thing is to think through the thought process you had. WHY did you change your mind? HOW did you change your mind? Did this surprise you? Did this surprise others?

2. This is very personal. To be honest the best advice comes once I know your story more as I usually like to tie these answers to the broader story we are presenting to admissions committees. There are a lot of options here, but make sure that your answer connects with your broader stories.

Best,
Scott

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I appreciate the post and the advice request. Here are my first ideas; if you're interested in discussing this more, just let me know.