Request for Profile Evaluation

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request for Profile Evaluation

by divsragha » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:02 pm
I would like to request a profile evaluation to help me come up with a plan.

28 years/ Indian/ Female / Background in Technology

GMAT : 690 (Q:49 V:35)

Will be applying in 2017 Round 1.

Education/University/GPA :
Masters in Computer Science/3.5
Bachelors in Computer Science / From a decently ranked university in India / 3.7

Experience : (5 years)
Product Manager at a late stage tech startup. I am the lead product manager for platform and have some interesting leadership experience driving innovation in a small setup(1 year)
Previously a Software engineer at a well known tech company with a good career progression ( 4 years)
Been active in volunteering for organizations that encourage women in tech. I also run a meet-up network of 150 women organizing events in Bay area

Post MBA Goals :
Product Management or Entrepreneurship

Target Schools :
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business
University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business ( Part time MBA program)
Stanford GSB
INSEAD
University of Michigan, Ross School of Business.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:07 am
divsragha wrote:I would like to request a profile evaluation to help me come up with a plan.

28 years/ Indian/ Female / Background in Technology

GMAT : 690 (Q:49 V:35)

Will be applying in 2017 Round 1.

Education/University/GPA :
Masters in Computer Science/3.5
Bachelors in Computer Science / From a decently ranked university in India / 3.7

Experience : (5 years)
Product Manager at a late stage tech startup. I am the lead product manager for platform and have some interesting leadership experience driving innovation in a small setup(1 year)
Previously a Software engineer at a well known tech company with a good career progression ( 4 years)
Been active in volunteering for organizations that encourage women in tech. I also run a meet-up network of 150 women organizing events in Bay area

Post MBA Goals :
Product Management or Entrepreneurship

Target Schools :
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business
University of California, Berkeley, Haas School of Business ( Part time MBA program)
Stanford GSB
INSEAD
University of Michigan, Ross School of Business.

Hi, and thanks for reaching out!

In general, your profile has potential, I like your work experience and the fact that you are an Indian woman especially (and am I right in thinking that you are already working in the US?), but I am missing a lot of detail in order to see if there is anything interesting in your story, background etc. That will be what makes the difference for many of these schools, after all, as many similar applicants will be applying so you need to find something that makes you special.

If you want some assistance with that, feel free to fill in the request for a free profile evaluation on ARINGO's website but also make sure you add a lot more detail to what has been previously described here (totally understand if you don't want to provide very detailed information on a public forum of course).

Additionally, being an Indian applicant your GMAT score could be improved in order to increase your chances of admissions if you are at all up for that.
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young