700-710 in Mocks - Looking for Strategies to Further Improve

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Background:
Fasih Ur Rehman here, recently graduated from Pakistan (3.2 CGPA) and currently working in Friesland Campina with a years work experience and more coming.
Planning to apply for MBA 2021 in T-20 Universities. As such my GMAT aim is 730+ so I can atleast safely be in the median of most of these universities.

Progress:
I registered for my GMAT in the first week of August with a test date of 9th November. It's been about two months and I've brushed up most of my mathematical concepts through MGMAT guides and also gone through RC and CR from MGMAT as well. My focus however has been more towards the Quant side so far because my math was very rusty when I started. I sat through the two free GMAC's recently and my scores are as below.
Test 1 (13 Aug 2019) - 710 (Q49-V38)
Test 2 (05 Oct 2019) - 700 (Q47 - V40)

My aim was before was to get a 730+. My Quant aim was to get 48+ and Verbal aim was to get 41+. (In Verbal I was getting far lesser problems wrong in CR or RC, most of my incorrect answers were from the SC questions of the )

Current Scenario:
My job requires a fair bit of travelling and I'm not entirely sure just yet where I'll actually be on the test date. I have an assignment coming up for the next four months where I'll be based in one city, this assignment is supposed to start in November. As a result I will mos likely be postponing/changing venue of my test because I was unaware of this assignment and my test was originally scheduled in my current city.The cost of travelling and not to mention the resulting fatigue makes this a far wiser choice then the former.
I am now considering that not only do I change the test venue but also postpone it till the end of November. After having done so, attack the remainder of the time left with an aggressive study plan that will further supplement by Quant score as well as improving my Verbal score as well.

This is where I was hoping for some help.
1-Is this the right call?
2-And if so what study plan and resources would you suggest given my scenario?

Thank you all for your help. This community has helped me beyond belief.
Cheers! :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I reckon I am in the same boat as you mate. Just that I am bit more confident about my Quant but really need to improve my Verbal ability (especially SC and CR).

Let me know if you get to know any good Verbal practice material. Any help on how to proceed will be appreciated.

Best of luck to you.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:29 members
anuragkumar08 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:11 pm
I reckon I am in the same boat as you mate. Just that I am bit more confident about my Quant but really need to improve my Verbal ability (especially SC and CR).

Let me know if you get to know any good Verbal practice material. Any help on how to proceed will be appreciated.

Best of luck to you.
Hi anuragkumar08,

I see it's been about 6 months since your last post. Are you still looking for advice regarding GMAT verbal?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO
[email protected]

See why Target Test Prep is rated 5 out of 5 stars on BEAT the GMAT. Read our reviews

ImageImage

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
If you are looking to improve quant score then hands down TTP is the go to course

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi, it is good that you are already getting off to a good start! We recommend a combination of really hitting practice tests hard as well as identifying your weak points. Flashcards are also a great asset as well. If you need a guided touch our experienced GMAT tutors at Manhattan Elite Prep (Call: +1 888 215 6269) can assist greatly.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:760
Hey

This is Nava from Adeft consulting.
We are an education and career consulting firm based out of Australia and India. We provide a step-by-step process from profile evaluation to the interview preparation to Visa application. Our expert career consultant Indradeep (https://www.linkedin.com/in/indradeepmazumdar/) has more than 15 years of experience of sending over 1000 students to the Financial Times Top-50 B-schools. His expertise in international consulting will not only put you on your journey to your dream B-School but also help you figure out your career possibilities post your MBA.

Revert to get a free profile evaluation and career counselling session.

www.adeftconsulting.com.au

Should you have any questions please call or write back to me.

Thank you.
Indradeep
Director, OneClickPrep
https://www.oneclickprep.com
+61424853384 (WhatsApp or call)
Study in Australia - https://www.oneclickprep.com/study-and-w ... australia/
Watch our videos and blogs in https://www.oneclickprep.com/admissions-prep/
Using post MBA corporate and consulting experience to bring real world value to MBA Admissions