Some questions about book edition

This forum is dedicated to our GMAT Avengers study group. Connect with fellow test takers and stay up-to-date with the latest Avengers' news. Experts are free to contribute in answering questions.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Some questions about book edition

by Henni » Tue May 16, 2017 5:00 am
First of all, its a great forum!

I´m on te way to graduate my GMAT in august. A friend of mine was doing the test a few years ago an has all the Manhattan and the Official Guide.
Is it possible to use the books from about 2013 to 2015 without a lot of changes? Its the Official Guide from 2015 and the 5th Manhattan series? Is it possile to do the tests from the Manhattan series, if my friend already has done the test.

Cheers

Henni

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Tue May 16, 2017 7:07 pm
Hi Henni,

If you want to study from those books, then that should be fine (the material in those books is still relevant to the current version of the GMAT). Since your friend already used those practice CAT tests (and the codes are several years old), I'm not sure if they will still be usable. Depending on your score goal, it's likely that you'll need additional practice materials besides these books though.

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]