Retaking the exam in 40 days. how to increase V34 to V40?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
I appeared for GMAT 20 days back and scored a 650 (Q46 and V34). I have registered to retake it and have 40 days in hand. Can you please tell me on how to approach the entire verbal section now so that I can increase my score by those 6 points? Also will 40 days be sufficient to do it considering that I work for 9 hours everyday.
Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:21 pm
Hi Anushri Dixit,

This post is remarkably similar to the one that you posted in the Quant Forums, except this one is focused on how you might improve in the Verbal section. Now that I've seen the entire purpose for your posting here, I can offer some overall advice:

Your practice CAT scores (620 and 630) are in range of your Official GMAT Score (650), but we do NOT have much evidence that you're currently capable of scoring a lot higher than this. Your goal is to turn a 650 (Q46 and V34) in Q50 and V40 (which is about a 740). You are probably not going to be able to make up those points if you continue to work in the way that you currently do.

To improve, you need a lot more than just "tips" or general advice...you need to change how you "see" and respond to this Test. That may or may not be doable in the 5 weeks (approximately) that you have left. To achieve this goal, you're going to have to invest in some new resources (new books are NOT going to be enough).

1) Do you have the flexibility to push your Test Date back a bit more?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]