Chances at Stanford GSB, MIT Sloan & Kellogg..

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
HI,

I am presently working on solving the problem of making high quality water purifiers affordable and accessible in India. As of date each year close to 500,000 children under the age of 5 die due to water borne diseases in India. Moreover billions of dollars are spent on water borne diseases in India. These were the reasons that pulled me into this stream. I am the the Founder and CEO of Hiker Appliances. Having trial tested the market demand we are now rapidly scaling up our operations both over ecommerce portals as well as offline distribution channels in India.

In the past I have worked for Tata Steel India as a project manager. Tata Steel is building new steel plants in India, and as a project manager where there was once barren land, I installed complex plants up and running. As a project manager I have negotiated contracts, hired contractors, set targets and led teams towards achieving the goal on time. It was this skill that helped me later when I flew to China to set up contract manufacturing for my products.

I have graduated from Indian Institute of Technology - BHU, Varanasi which is one the finest engineering colleges in india.

I intend to get an MBA and get back to scale up my company. In the long run I aim to solve the big problems that are plaguing my nation and drinking water is one of them.

GMAT - 710 (Q49,V37)

Btech - Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) - Varanasi. India

This year am applying to Stanford, MIT Sloan and Kellogg in R1. Please could instruct if these schools are well within my targets and vision or are they a stretch.