Profile Evaluation Please GMAT 660 Q 49 V33 10 + year exp

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I am a male candidate from India and recently appeared for my GMAT and scored Q49 and V 33 with total of 660 and a 5.5 in AWA , I will have 10 + years of experience and have been in the Management Consulting Six Sigma Industry..7 years in India and 3 + year in US
My GPA at graduation was in the range of 2.5 to 3 as it was not up to the mark during the time period i also pursued Master's degree with a GPA 3.7
My Bachelor's degree was in Economics and the Master's degree was in Accounting and International Business

Please let me know what are my options and which schools should i be targeting for a accelerated MBA/Full time MBA in the US, Singapore, Australia and India -- I am keeping my options open and am flexible to move to any country to purse my education, though I have been in the US for the last 3 years and would prefer to apply to schools out here

Also do I have any scope to apply for a Financial Aid as i will be funding my education myself and come from a middle class family?

Regards,
Ravi Uppal

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:49 am
Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the post! First questions first - any chance at retaking that GMAT?
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ravi.uppal2004 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:43 am
At my age it is getting tougher to commit the amount of time required for retaking the test and also
i don't know how much more can i improve on my verbal without a lot a practice
however if it come to it..i will consider . However as i am very sure that i will be
financing the MBA myself , i don't think i will be able to afford the top 10 anyway without a grant

Attaching my profile as well
Attachments
Ravi Uppal- Resume 03052015 Updated.pdf
(196.94 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:51 pm
Ok...we get that. Totally understand - the GMAT takes a ton of time and it sure isn't fun! But...a couple of things. Let's forget about the scholarship component. Getting INTO the top 10, or 20, or even 30, in the US won't happen with a 660. Maybe you could squeak into a 28, 29, or 30 ranked school but it'd be dicey. Secondly, with your profile and age, even with a stellar GMAT, a fellowship to a top program probably isn't going to happen. I know that probably isn't what you want to hear but it's our policy to shoot you straight - no BS. So if you don't retake that test, getting into a good school is going to be tough when you have other things in your profile working against you like your demographic and age.
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!