Test score variation concern

Ask your questions about GMAT products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Test score variation concern

by ramkum9 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:15 pm
Here is an issue. Next week is my GMAT.I am preparing for the last 2 months. I took 2 mock tests on official GMAT software., one on Monday and other on Wednesday. On the first one I scored 650 and surprising, the second one gave only 540. I am totally confused as what I did so wrong? Can the score swing like this? scared now as the test is next week.
Please guide. I am not looking for 700+ but a score between 650-700 is nice to have for my admission.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by OGTonya » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 am
Hiramkum9,

Large score differences are not typical, but are certainly possible, especially if you do not finish a section. The best strategy is to keep working on practice items and make sure your timing is adequate to finish each section. Take a look at the section scores, rather than focusing on the Total score and see if you can figure out where you may be able to improve.
You may want to try taking the practice tests again to make sure you have the timing right and to see which section you want to focus your practice time on.

Best,
Tonya
Tonya
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!