HELP - Technical Glitch at Test Center

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HELP - Technical Glitch at Test Center

by sy1996 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:27 am
Yesterday morning (6/28), I took the GMAT at the Pearson VUE center in Arlington, Texas. After completing the Quantitative section, I took the allotted 8-minute break before starting on my next section (Verbal). Before starting the Verbal section, the test administrator entered her login details into the system for me to start the section. The test administrator commented that she had recently changed her password and hoped the password would work. The screen froze showing a rotating hourglass for a long time, and then the authentication failed. The administrator re-entered her login details for the second time. The screen showed a message, saying that I would be starting the Verbal section 7 minutes and 16 seconds late, and that this 7 minutes and 16 seconds would be deducted from the section’s allocated time. I immediately escalated this timing issue to the administrator, but she insisted on me continuing with the test, saying that she would try to get the 7 minutes added back to my test time. This discussion further ate into my remaining time for the Verbal section. In the end, the time was never added back to my test time and I did not finish the Verbal section.

This technical glitch, time delay and the further discussion with the administrators disturbed my test rhythm. My test scores do not reflect my true performance for no fault of my own. For these reasons, I would like my test score invalidated immediately and my test fee refunded.

The test center manager has also escalated this issue and has raised a ticket. The case number is # 06685428. I have not heard back - any suggestions on how I can escalate this?