Unable to activate GMAT Prep 2 software

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Unable to activate GMAT Prep 2 software

by abcgmat234 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:01 am
I purchased the GMAT Prep2 software last weekend and am not able to activate it on my system. I am getting an error " Licence number has already been used". I have a MacOSX system. I already mailed the issue to [email protected] but I haven't heard from them in 2 days. I have my exam in a 3-4 days and want to get some practice. Really need an urgent resolution.

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:49 am
abcgmat234 wrote:I purchased the GMAT Prep2 software last weekend and am not able to activate it on my system. I am getting an error " Licence number has already been used". I have a MacOSX system. I already mailed the issue to [email protected] but I haven't heard from them in 2 days. I have my exam in a 3-4 days and want to get some practice. Really need an urgent resolution.
The default advice is usually to delete the application from your hard drive and reinstall it. Worth trying, but if the license number is in the system as having been used, I'm not terribly optimistic that this will work.

Here's what I'd do if I were in your situation and the above doesn't work: borrow a friend's computer and re-purchase the software. (Then maybe see about getting a refund for the inactive exam pack after the test, when the timing isn't so tight.) The reality is that your GMAT score is way more important than the 50 bucks.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course