GMAT - number of questions in each subsection

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

Greetings! I have a quick question - Let us consider verbal section which comprises of SC, RC and CR, does GMAT has fixed number of questions which would be asked for each subsection - SC, RC and CR? Similary for the quant- PS and DS?

Thanks,
Priyanka

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:36 am
priyankagodwal wrote:Hi,

Greetings! I have a quick question - Let us consider verbal section which comprises of SC, RC and CR, does GMAT has fixed number of questions which would be asked for each subsection - SC, RC and CR? Similary for the quant- PS and DS?

Thanks,
Priyanka
Hi Priyanka!

Every examinee sees a fixed number of operational questions of each type. We view this as an essential part of fairness. The test taker sees a varying number of questions of each type because pre-test questions that do not count are embedded in the examination.

I hope this helps!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!