Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Can you please evaluate my profile.?

by ak2017 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:59 am
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50 V39 8IR 6AWA)
Education -
Bachelors in Engineering in Electronics and Telecoms - We have a percentage system - 63% (highest is around 75%)
CFA Level 3 candidate, have cleared both first and second level at first attempt
Work Ex - 3.5 years
Started with financial services firm providing advisory to private equity funds (9 months)
Then joined a global investment bank's front-office role, covered Telecom, Media, Technology. Did 3 deals, cumulative value of c. $10bn (2 years)
Post that, joined my current role. Investment professional in one of India's largest PE funds, with an AUM of $1.5bn. Here I invest in consumer and technology space (7 months as of now)
Have made 2 Investments in this role -
$20m in India's fastest growing water purifier company
$25m in an enterprise tech company
Extra-curricular -
Long distance trekking - Avid trekker, longest trek undertake - a 55 day, 650 mile trek traversing three states in India. Have taken 4 such long distance treks.
Sanskrit Scholar - Have studied Sanskrit and keen reader of Sanskrit texts
Yoga Instructor - Have taught yoga to more than 20 people, apart from being a regular practitioner
Target Schools -
Wharton, Columbia, Booth, Stanford, Sloan, Berkeley, INSEAD, LBS, Stern

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:50 pm
ak2017 wrote:Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50 V39 8IR 6AWA)
Education -
Bachelors in Engineering in Electronics and Telecoms - We have a percentage system - 63% (highest is around 75%)
CFA Level 3 candidate, have cleared both first and second level at first attempt
Work Ex - 3.5 years
Started with financial services firm providing advisory to private equity funds (9 months)
Then joined a global investment bank's front-office role, covered Telecom, Media, Technology. Did 3 deals, cumulative value of c. $10bn (2 years)
Post that, joined my current role. Investment professional in one of India's largest PE funds, with an AUM of $1.5bn. Here I invest in consumer and technology space (7 months as of now)
Have made 2 Investments in this role -
$20m in India's fastest growing water purifier company
$25m in an enterprise tech company
Extra-curricular -
Long distance trekking - Avid trekker, longest trek undertake - a 55 day, 650 mile trek traversing three states in India. Have taken 4 such long distance treks.
Sanskrit Scholar - Have studied Sanskrit and keen reader of Sanskrit texts
Yoga Instructor - Have taught yoga to more than 20 people, apart from being a regular practitioner
Target Schools -
Wharton, Columbia, Booth, Stanford, Sloan, Berkeley, INSEAD, LBS, Stern
Several things in your profile help set you apart- your work experience, overall solid GMAT, and some really interesting extra curriculars. That being said, GSB is still so competitive that I can't offer any sure hope, to a lesser degree would say that Wharton and MIT are also long shots. But Stern, LBS, INSEAD could be targets. Booth and Columbia and Haas are possible but still tough odds. You would benefit from working with a consultant who can help you package your story in the best way because you have all the elements you need to be successful - but you have to tell it in the most compelling way. Even if you don't do a comprehensive package- a few hours with a consultant could really help. To learn how Stratus can help, use this link: https://stratusprep.com/free-consult/