Profile Evaluation Request: GMAT 730, WE: 3 years CGPA 3.26

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Bangladesh, Male, 24 years old.
GMAT: GMAT 730 (Q47, V44),
Undergraduate: Top Bangladeshi University, Major: Marketing, CGPA 3.26 (US Standard) and quant courses GPA are not good.
Work Experience: 3 Years (full-time) in infrastructure development (local firm, while at university)
Recommendation: Could manage strong recommendation from both professors and upper management
Extracurricular: Highly involved and had presidential roles
I will be applying one year after out of college.
Target School:
-GSB
-Tuck
-Johnson
-Kenan-Flagger.

What are my chances please?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:51 pm
JQ123 wrote:Bangladesh, Male, 24 years old.
GMAT: GMAT 730 (Q47, V44),
Undergraduate: Top Bangladeshi University, Major: Marketing, CGPA 3.26 (US Standard) and quant courses GPA are not good.
Work Experience: 3 Years (full-time) in infrastructure development (local firm, while at university)
Recommendation: Could manage strong recommendation from both professors and upper management
Extracurricular: Highly involved and had presidential roles
I will be applying one year after out of college.
Target School:
-GSB
-Tuck
-Johnson
-Kenan-Flagger.

What are my chances please?
Thanks for reaching out for advice on your profile. First- congratulations on your strong GMAT and also for thinking ahead about an MBA early in your career. I assume that you then worked while in college to get 3 yrs work experience with just one yr out of school- your best bet at GSB would have been to apply directly from undergrad- now that you are working the avg work experience for the main admissions pool for MBAs is a bit longer on the work experience- same for Tuck, Johnson and Kenan-Flagler. I think your best odds are at Kenan-Flagler (although not if you don't spell their name right!) and possibly Johnson. But I'd need to know more about why you are seeking these schools and why you want an MBA. Your GMAT will get you noticed at UNC but you won't go far unless you have done your research on the program and know where you want to go post MBA. I'd spend a little more time understanding this- and in fact we offer a professional development package where we could work with you on some counseling for the next 12 months for just a few hours and help do an "audit" of sorts where we help you prepare in every area for what you need to be successful in the MBA admissions process. I think with your young age that a bit more work experience could make you a more compelling candidate- especially if you have set your aim on a school like GSB. To learn more about how we can help you - go to this link for a free consult: https://stratusprep.com/free-consult/