In a fix please help out

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

In a fix please help out

by gauravpokhriyal » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:37 am
Hello everyone

Finally I got my GMAT report today.This journey,though just started, is so full of surprises.I was expecting more in verbal as I was able to consistently score around 38-39 in that section.I was getting really good scores in practice tests(initial two tests - 690 later four tests 710-740) but finally got 680.The biggest surprise came from AWA where I was expecting that if I work hard I will get a 5.My final score spread is something like this:

GMAT - 680
Quant - 50
Verbal - 33
IR - 7
AWA - 6 (biggest surprise)

I have a full time work-ex of more than 8 years in automobile and aviation sector in India.Presently acting as GM(operations) in a chartered helicopter company where I handle all outbound operations and manage a team of 8 engineers,6 managers and 20 other staff.I did my undergrad from one of the best college in my state in Mechanical Engineering(GPA 3.4).I am also a certified professional aeroplane pilot(USA and INDIA) but interested in strategic management in aviation sector .I was keen on applying to UCLA, HAAS and WHARTON but my destiny is not allowing me to go there.I have lived in California(near LA) for more than a year and I still feel it was the best time of my life.

I know that a score increment of 30-40 points can put me in a race for scholarship but I don't have much time to take GMAT again.I have finalized certain colleges,please suggest me whether I should go ahead with these colleges or think of applying to other colleges.

SMEAL(Penn state university)
MAYS(Texas A&M)
FISHER(Ohio State University)
OLIN(St. Louis)
CAREY(ASU)
ISB

Is there still a possibility of schol./GA in above mentioned colleges.What are the other colleges where I should apply to?

Please comment and suggest