Profile Evaluation request

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile Evaluation request

by rahulmathur9818 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:40 am
Hi Shawn,

I'm seeking professional advice as I don't have too many people around me that are planning to go for an MBA currently. The following is a brief intro regarding myself. I was wondering if you could evaluate it and comment on my target list.

-27 y/o Indian Male (will turn 29 by the time I start in 2016)

-GMAT 710 (49Q, 39V)

-Graduated in 2008 from a business school in UK with a degree in accounting and finance. Topped my degree in year one. Ended up with an upper 2.1 degree.

-planned on working in UK itself in order to get some international work ex but had to move back to India because of my fathers death (3 weeks after final term). Had to take care of family affairs so moved back.

-working in the business development and strategy implementation division of a firm with interests across hydropower, textiles and education and annual revenues of over $100m. Have worked across all 3 sectors. Currently leading a team in implementing the expansion/diversification of the education vertical. The project is at an advanced stage of implementation and the financial rewards from the project have already started flowing in. The idea for diversification was my brainchild and thus I was made the team leader of the project. I'm also the youngest at the firm at a senior managerial role. I've held leadership roles across all the 3 verticals.

-short term goal is to make a transition to a top tier management consulting firm and work in new geographies (outside of India). Long term goal is to take up a senior management role at a fortune 500 firm. In my current role I'm coming up with and executing ideas that lead to improvement in business process and create value for the firm. I think a career in consulting will be a reasonable sell as my STG.

-Extra curricular: work with one of the most prominent environmental NGO in the country. Have been closely associated with environmental research over the last 4 years. Having lost my father to blood cancer I started a cancer foundation in his name and have raised over INR 1.5m which in turn was used to help underprivileged patients in their treatment. Also organize an annual blood donation camp. Also redrafted and implemented the corporate social responsibility charter at the firm with a focus on sanitation for the poor and improving female financial literacy. I've also worked for a member of parliament from 2009-2013 on devising a plan for development in the members parliamentary constituency with a population of over 2m residents.

-Target schools- INSEAD (Jan Intake), Columbia, Darden, Tuck, Duke, Emory, Olin, etc

INSEAD's definitely my dream school. I don't have international work experience but I'm hoping that the fact the I studied abroad for 3 years and that my extenuating circumstances made me move back to India will help with my application at Insead.

Regards

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members

by Shawn@StratusPrep » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:29 am
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for reaching out. We actually did a comprehensive profile review, including introducing you to several references and counselors, back in June of 2014. I would invite you to review that information thoroughly, and please email me if you have further questions.

Best,
Shawn and the Stratus Prep Team
Founder/Director, Stratus Prep
Harvard JD/MBA

[email protected]
212-307-1788
www.stratusprep.com

See more Stratus Prep reviews.