Profile evaluation and admission advice

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Profile evaluation and admission advice

by maji.anurag » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:45 am
Hi !

I have completed my Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from one of the top private universities in India.

My undergraduate cumulative GPA is above average( mostly a B+, if converted ). I have a few extra curricular activities under my belt, but nothing very significant.

I have been working with a top international Property insurance firm in a semi-engineering role in Bangalore for the past nine months.

I am preparing for the GMAT now and hope to appear for it sometime in July this year, my target score being a 700 +.

I know this question might have come to you a lot of times , but I am confused between continuing with my job here and later go for an MBA or apply to MIM programs. I am also considering a few of the techno- management programs offered by technical universities (ETH Zurich and TUM for example).

A brief idea about pros and cons of each type of program (including the techno management courses) would be very helpful in making a decision.

My target regions are Europe, US and Canada. Kindly suggest which countries would be favorable for studies considering that I plan to work in the same region for the next few years after completion of my program.

Also, it would be very helpful if you could suggest me measures to improve my candidature for such programs.

Have a good day!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members

by Shawn@StratusPrep » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:59 pm
Hello maji.anurag,

Thanks for reaching out.

I do not give general advice through the forums, but I invite you to reach out directly. I will PM you now with my email address.

Best,
Shawn and the Stratus Prep Team
Founder/Director, Stratus Prep
Harvard JD/MBA

[email protected]
212-307-1788
www.stratusprep.com

See more Stratus Prep reviews.