Profile Evaluation needed

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation needed

by clarkkent0610 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 pm
Hi,

I request you to please evaluate my profile.

Male, Indian

Acads:
Xth CBSE 85%
XIIth CBSE 90.4%
Economics (H) from SRCC 65%

GMAT: 710 (Q50, V35) AWA - 4

Total work experience: 54 months

Senior Derivatives Trader : Responsibilities include proprietary trading in Commodity and Currency Derivatives in both domestic and international exchanges including CME, NYMEX, LME, MCX, MCX-SX.
Responsible for handling a portfolio of 100 million INR.
Responsible for Risk Management of my portfolio using Market Risk Analysis tools such as Stress Testing, Scenario Analysis, VaR etc.
Use Fundamental and Technical analysis and Bloomberg, Reuters and Future Source. And use Option Pricing models for arbitrage in FX Derivatives.
Only trader selected from a group of 125 traders to help two professional risk managers in setting up the risk management department at my organisation.
Managing a team of 12 derivative traders.

Professional Certifications :
1- Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
2- CFA Level 3 candidate

Extra curriculars:
1- Memeber of Economics Society and Placement Cell of college.
2- Started publishing a magazine in my 2nd year at college.
3- I am an avid PC gamer. Participating in national level gaming competitions held by Reliance Webworld, Intel, EA Games, ESWC and ICGC for the past 8 years. Finished in top 10 in 2008, 2010 and 2011.
4- Member of a Cycling Club. Currently it has 6 members. We meet twice a month and visit new places in Delhi.

Post MBA goals:
Want to be a Wealth Manager.

Target Schools - NUS, INSEAD, LBS, HEC, Rotman, HKUST
Thanks for your time.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:730

by Askgened » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:46 am
Hi,

You have a good GMAT and decent profile. Around 4-5 years of work experience is what most of the B-Schools look for. I believe the list of your shortlisted b-schools should be within your reach. You have lot to share about yourself in application essays. Now, to convert your chances from application to admission you must skillfully write your application essays and showcase headship qualities, professional achievements & other abilities during final interviews.

Feel free to post any other concerns you might have

Regards,
Richa

clarkkent0610 wrote:Hi,

I request you to please evaluate my profile.

Male, Indian

Acads:
Xth CBSE 85%
XIIth CBSE 90.4%
Economics (H) from SRCC 65%

GMAT: 710 (Q50, V35) AWA - 4

Total work experience: 54 months

Senior Derivatives Trader : Responsibilities include proprietary trading in Commodity and Currency Derivatives in both domestic and international exchanges including CME, NYMEX, LME, MCX, MCX-SX.
Responsible for handling a portfolio of 100 million INR.
Responsible for Risk Management of my portfolio using Market Risk Analysis tools such as Stress Testing, Scenario Analysis, VaR etc.
Use Fundamental and Technical analysis and Bloomberg, Reuters and Future Source. And use Option Pricing models for arbitrage in FX Derivatives.
Only trader selected from a group of 125 traders to help two professional risk managers in setting up the risk management department at my organisation.
Managing a team of 12 derivative traders.

Professional Certifications :
1- Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
2- CFA Level 3 candidate

Extra curriculars:
1- Memeber of Economics Society and Placement Cell of college.
2- Started publishing a magazine in my 2nd year at college.
3- I am an avid PC gamer. Participating in national level gaming competitions held by Reliance Webworld, Intel, EA Games, ESWC and ICGC for the past 8 years. Finished in top 10 in 2008, 2010 and 2011.
4- Member of a Cycling Club. Currently it has 6 members. We meet twice a month and visit new places in Delhi.

Post MBA goals:
Want to be a Wealth Manager.

Target Schools - NUS, INSEAD, LBS, HEC, Rotman, HKUST
Thanks for your time.
GMAT-730: Work-exp: 10 yrs.MBA-Top 15 FT ranking b-school: Undergrad-Top 5 College in India