Entrepreneur's Profile Evaluation

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Entrepreneur's Profile Evaluation

by Spandrew » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 pm
My name is Andrew. I am planning to apply in the fall of 2013 to begin in 2014. I am trying to make a plan of action for the next year in order to maximize my chances of getting in to a top school. I am also trying to decide on schools to which I should apply. Here is my profile:

25 year old white male
BA in Korean w/ minor in Economics from Brigham Young University
3.46 GPA
750 GMAT (48 Q, 45 V, 5.5 AWA, 7 IR)
Fluent in Korean

In the summer of 2011 I started a language and culture education program for foreign college students. I graduated in April 2012 and have continued to run and grow this business full-time. I employ 15 people, and the program has recorded consistent growth since its inception. We partner with U.S. universities while serving overseas clientele.

I interrupted my undergraduate study in 2006 and volunteered as a full-time missionary for two years in South Korea. I worked during my entire undergraduate study, spending two years as a Korean language instructor, 1 year teaching a university course on Chinese written characters, 6 months as a research assistant, and one year running my business. I have volunteered at the boys and girls club coaching youth soccer teams and at the local city youth recreational sports leagues coaching youth football teams.

I will have about 27 months of post-graduation work experience by the time I enroll , though i started my business 10 months before I graduated.

What can I do during this next year to help my application? Which schools should I consider?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew