Welcome to the new Integrated Reasoning forum!

This topic has expert replies
Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

Welcome to the new Integrated Reasoning forum!

by DanaJ » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:26 am
The GMAT is changing for the first time in years!

One of the two essays in the first hour of the GMAT is being replaced by a whole new section, Integrated Reasoning (IR). This new section includes 12 questions that require a mix of quantitative and reasoning skills, so they can't be easily categorized as "math" or "verbal." This is why we've created a new forum for this section.

Read more about the IR on the official website: https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/nex-gen/int ... rmats.aspx

Also note that the makers of the test have recently released a new edition of the Official Guide, the 13th edition of the book. We highly recommend that you check it out!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:47 am
Thanks Dana for launching this new forum! I'm excited to learn more about this new IR section with our community here.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Elena,09 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 pm
Thank you for opening the great topic. After reading the the instruction for new IR section in GMAT test. I feel confuse that this part will be replace for issue analytical essay, so in Next generation of GMAT, we only have argument essay and IR section. Is it right? Could you please help me to clarify. Many thanks and best regards

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by thu062012 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:25 pm
Hi

I read some opinions in this topic. I do not agree above ideal. We can find out some articles at about.com by using Google search.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by vabhs192003 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:27 am
Hello all,

Question: While I was giving the mock GMATPrep Test1, I realized something and I wanted to get this cleared out in open forums. Is section IR ever going to be considered for evaluations if not yet then when.Here is what concerns me. Currently, IR is out of the scope of most B schools hence I was easy with the section guessing and moving on not caring much about right or wrong. But since I am targeting Fall of 2014 and giving my GMAT in Feb-Mar 2013, they might think of reconsidering the IR scores during this time for evaluations of my applications; in that case I could be caught up in a spin. I wanted to get this clarified how this works?