Launched August 9, 2011
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Seeking advice for college selection

by Aswathraj » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:56 am
I'm Aswath.
My profile:
CGPA:7.93/10
School: Amrita School of Engineering (TOP 50 in India)
Course: B.Tech Aerospace
Extracurriculars: National 3rd in Badminton competition, published a management paper in an international journal IJLTEMAS

I'm planning to take GMAT after 20 days
I scored 600 in the first test from MBA.com without any preparation (Q49, V23, IR 8)
My target is 780
My target countries: Canada and Germany
Target course: Masters in Management

Please suggest me a study plan and some colleges for my profile in Canada and Germany for Masters in Management

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:690

by Abhyank » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:22 pm
Hey there,

So overall you have a fair profile. Here are a few pointers about the same -

You have a comparatively average CGPA, but you can compensate for it by highlighting your other profile strengths such as your NGO experience and foundation courses you have mentioned. Essays are a great way of doing this, so make sure that you spend enough time perfecting them.

Apart from this try to get a few internships in management/consulting/business; you would have a good shot at WHU, IVEY, Frankfurt business school, and other top schools for MiM.

You have a fair extracurricular background with a mix of several college extracurricular activities. That can easily be highlighted in your application and essay and will provide a positive impact on the school admission cell.

Also, Your GMAT score plays a major role in your it would help you to outrun most of the competitive profiles in the first initial overview itself. So try to maximize it, a score of 700+ would definitely help you make your profile stronger, make sure you work hard on it.

As you are targeting Canada and Germany for masters in management. Here are some business school in Canada you can apply for:
1. Odette School of Business, University of Windsor - Masters in Management
2. Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia- masters of management
3. Concordia University - masters of science in management
4. Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University- masters of science in management

The business schools in Germany are:
1. Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
2. Leipzig Graduate School of Management
3. WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management
4. Universitat Mannheim Business School
5. Berlin School of Economics
As for your target schools, Frankfurt, WHU, Concordia are very competitive make sure you ace every part of the application (essays, GMAT, LOR, resume) to get noticed.

I suggest you get an accurate and free profile evaluation here https://mim-essay.typeform.com/to/tSey1j ,It works the best.

Good luck!
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

97% Success Rate| 7000+ Admits in Top Schools| 10 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 3X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... rm/?btgmat