This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

Welcome!

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:49 pm
Hello and welcome.
Please feel free to ask any questions regarding our products at https://www.GMATPrepNow.com
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ankitarath » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 pm
Hi Brent,

Most of the time people say that what you score on GMAT prep, you score almost the same on the real GMAT as well.
However, I scored a 690, 680 and 660 on GMAT prep and way below 600 on the real GMAT. :(

Is there any other updated version or mock test available that I could consider as true indicator of my progress?

Thanks in advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:17 am
ankitarath wrote:Hi Brent,

Most of the time people say that what you score on GMAT prep, you score almost the same on the real GMAT as well.
However, I scored a 690, 680 and 660 on GMAT prep and way below 600 on the real GMAT. :(

Is there any other updated version or mock test available that I could consider as true indicator of my progress?

Thanks in advance
Hi ankitarath,

Sorry to hear that your real GMAT test didn't go as well as the practice tests.

Some people pile a lot of stress onto themselves on test day, and the resulting anxiety lowers their performance. For others, the formal testing environment makes them very nervous.

If any of this applies to you, I suggest looking into various strategies to help you relax and focus. These strategies include positive visualization, breathing techniques, biofeedback, hypnotherapy, etc.

Having said that, sometimes a super difficult question or a complex RC passage throws people off their game, and they find themselves 5 or 10 minutes behind after only a handful of questions.

It may very well be the case that your most recent score was a complete anomaly, and if you retake the test in 30 days, your score will be commensurate with your practice tests.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent

PS: If you got the test from https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/download-fr ... n-software then that's the most up-to-date one.

by rashmi1956 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:22 am
Hi
Ineed help regarding official GMAT questions .How do I download the critical reasoning questions listed in a table in lesson 6 of critical reasoning videos.
thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 am
rashmi1956 wrote:Hi
Ineed help regarding official GMAT questions .How do I download the critical reasoning questions listed in a table in lesson 6 of critical reasoning videos.
thanks
Go to https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gmat- ... -reasoning and click on the red download link.

Cheers,
Brent

by emz » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 am
Hi Brent,

The SC "video 20" on modifiers part III that vs which doesn't quite get to the end.
why is that?

Thanks.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:23 am
emz wrote:Hi Brent,

The SC "video 20" on modifiers part III that vs which doesn't quite get to the end.
why is that?

Thanks.
Hi emz,

I just watched that video in its entirety, without any problems. Also, our video host (Vimeo) is not reporting any issues.
Is it possible that you're experiencing some Internet connectivity issues? Or maybe you have other applications that are drawing considerable processing power from your computer?

Cheers,
Brent