Mentioning Specific B-School Name in Essay #2.

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi Dana and Eric,

First of all, thanks for this great initiative - BTG Scholarship! Just like MBA Application process this is also a thought provoking process and I learned a lot in applying for the same.

Is it allowed to mention the name of B-School in answering the general question - " Why do you want to go to Business School?"

Based on my research, I have personalized my story by mentioning specific school name, that makes my story more credible and authentic. Is it allowed as per the rules of the BTG Scholarship?

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Sat May 28, 2011 2:03 pm
Yes, of course! Our rules are pretty simple: convince us that you deserve the prize, no matter where or when you want to attend business school!

by SanketMali » Mon May 30, 2011 1:27 pm
Hi Dana,

Thanks for the reply. I have submitted my application right now, but I am not sure of correct submission because I have just seen a window saying ' Thanks for submitting the records'.

Can you confirm this ensures correct submission? Pls let me know otherwise I will resubmit my application. Thanks for the support.

Followed by:6 members

by arunpanda22 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:18 pm
hi dana,
a lot of people participating in this scholarship seem to be concerned whether their application is received or not(including me)
i may have even submitted three times since i thought my net had got disconnected(all the while cursing gprs connection)
anyway just as a small suggestion from a greenhorn
it may be nice if an automatic mail system confirming receipt of application could be started for this scholarship next year
by the way this badge contest is pretty great!!sort of reminds me of my years in boy scout
nice work
Thanks for the patience

Site Admin

by DanaJ » Tue May 31, 2011 12:02 am
@Sanket, your application was received.

@arunpanda22: thanks for your feedback. The thing is, if you see the "Thanks" screen after submitting, then we definitely got your application. However, we'll keep that feedback in mind for next year! Oh, and glad you like the badge contest! David and the rest of the team worked really hard on it ;)

Followed by:6 members

by arunpanda22 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:59 am
hi dana,
thanks for the prompt response. thats exactly the reason that btg is my favorite gmat forum.
i have one more suggestion.
i have absolutely no idea about the programming difficulties but if possible it would be nice to hav a chat application with this site. all users could chat among each other and with the experts who are online.
i know its easy to get ideas when one doesn't have to execute but since it struck me a way to better my favorite gmat forum so i put it up.
thanks for the patience.

Site Admin

by DanaJ » Tue May 31, 2011 12:36 pm
We're actually considering that for some time now! We've got a few more projects in the pipeline right now, but that's definitely something we might implement. Thanks for the feedback!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by abidshariff » Tue May 31, 2011 2:33 pm
Hi Dana,

I just submitted my BTG scholarship application, and I have to thank u guys for coming up with such a scholarship. Not used to write essays about my life very often,I felt pretty satisfied once I submitted the form. I though I would not make it in time, but , experiences popped up once I started writing the essays. I have to tell u that I felt as if I re-lived the life. Count on me.. That's just a little of what I felt.

Regards
Abid

Site Admin

by DanaJ » Tue May 31, 2011 2:44 pm
Thanks for the nice words, Abid! I definitely hear you about the life experiences essays - they can be pretty tough to write sometimes, you just have that writer's block, I guess. But glad you could get past that!