Beat the GMAT 60 Day- Time commitment & Diagnostic frequ

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi- I was looking back at the intro emails and didn't see the following as guidelines. Let me know if you can help!

1. How much time do you estimate spending on a daily basis with the Beat the GMAT 60 day plan?
2. How frequently do you recommend taking diagnostics during the time? I didn't see one after the first week, so was wondering how I should plan on spacing out.
3. With a base diagnostic score of 520 +/-, how much have you seen improvements over time historically with the plan?

THANKS! A

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770
angelayee wrote:Hi- I was looking back at the intro emails and didn't see the following as guidelines. Let me know if you can help!

1. How much time do you estimate spending on a daily basis with the Beat the GMAT 60 day plan?
2. How frequently do you recommend taking diagnostics during the time? I didn't see one after the first week, so was wondering how I should plan on spacing out.
3. With a base diagnostic score of 520 +/-, how much have you seen improvements over time historically with the plan?

THANKS! A
1. The time it takes to complete each day's activities will vary from person to person. It also varies depending on which resource you use (GMAT Prep Now videos or MGMAT books).
Also, some days take longer to complete. If you have difficulties keeping up, don't worry. You can take longer than a day to complete the activities if you run out of time. Plus, later on in the Guide, much of your time is spent working on weaknesses (i.e., not learning new content).

2. Here's an outline of all 60 emails: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide-outline. You can see when practice tests are scheduled.

3. Tough one! People who achieve great scores/gains are MUCH more likely to share their experiences. As with all of the courses/guides out there, the score gains will depend on how much work you put in.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com