London Business School - MiM Program

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I am Kaushik from India. I finished my UG degree in engineering from University of Liverpool back in 2010 and I am looking forward to enter into London Business School's pre-experience one year MiM (Masters in Management).

I have researched the school really well and without the shadow of doubt - this is 'the' school for me. Can you guys please help me with the exact format of CV should I send with the application? I mean there are literally 100s of types of CVs but I don't want to get this thing wrong.

Also, before sending my CV with application, I would also like to send the same to admission committee and other current students in the program for networking purposes. It would be great if you could please send me a 'sample' CV for reference.

Regards,
Kaushik
[email protected]

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:21 pm
Kaushik--

firstly, something you said gave me pause, and that was, "sending your CV to the admissions committee" in advance of your application. My initial advice would be to make sure you don't ever send anything unsolicited--nothing outside of what's required. As for the format, you should craft a one page resume that is chronological, with Professional Experience at the top and Education/Additional information at the bottom. If you PM me, I can send you a sample b-school resume.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by [email protected] » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:24 am
Hi,

Could you please send me the sample b-school resume as well. I will have difficulty to fit my experience in one page, could I use two pages.

Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:13 pm
sure thing
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:690

by Abhyank » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:18 am
Hey Kaushik,

Your approach to research about the school to decide if it's the right fit for you is the way to go when it comes to choosing your masters school. Just ensure that you do a comprehensive research with regards to your goals and what the school looks for in candidates. Factors such as work permits, international student population, companies that come for placement, quality for money, location and language etc, are some popular factors to look into for the ideal school.

For other candidates looking to see if LBS is the right fit for you, you can get a glimpse into an overview of the school and its admissions process in the link below:
https://www.mim-essay.com/lbs-mim-review.html

The reason as to why there are 100s of types of CVs out there, is because there is no prescribed format as such for CVs and a lot of people come up with their own formats based on what they want to prioritize. This is a good approach but keep in mind that your CV has to be simple, concise and easy-to-understand. The admissions committee goes through many different kinds of CVs on a daily basis, so make sure yours is easy to read while giving the committee an overview of what you've done and you won't go wrong.

LBS is also one of the schools that accept your CV prior to your application to tell you if you're eligible or not. You can do this yourself by checking out the eligibility criteria. They typically respond in a week after looking at the basic criteria only and this has nothing to do with your chances of getting accepted.

For a sample CV, you can check out my resume on my LinkedIn profile below:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhyanksrinet

Hope this information has been helpful.
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

97% Success Rate| 7000+ Admits in Top Schools| 10 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 3X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... rm/?btgmat