Profile evaluation - 660 - chartered accountant

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi All,

I have scored a 660 on my GMAT(Q48 V33 AWA 4). I ham a qualified chartered accountant and I am currently working with a private equity firm for last 7 months.My total work ex after graduation is 4 yrs.Please help me to decide which colleges do I stand a good chance. I am looking at one year programmes /accelerated programmes amongst the top 30 b schools

Regards,
Priyanka

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:42 members
GMAT Score:740

by Jessica@VeritasPrep » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 am
Hi Priyanka,

Without knowing more about your future goals and academic background, it is difficult to make concrete recommendations. Is there a reason why you only want an accelerated program? There are not very many of these at top schools - most are geared to "executives" with much more experience than what you currently have. Columbia has a program which might be of interest (it is a January start date and you go to school through the summer so there isn't a traditional internship opportunity). This could fit well with your finance background, however, your GMAT is a little low and your work experience a little bit light.

I am guessing that you are not a native English speaker, if this is the case, you might find INSEAD's program appealing. It is accelerated and very well regarded internationally.

However, my last piece of advice would be to consider a traditional 2-year business school program. While accelerated programs may be right for some people, the 2-year program is only a slightly longer commitment and it does enable you to learn from an internship. The investment is well worth it (in my opinion!). And, it will give you much greater flexibility.

Jessica