Requesting Profile Evaluation!

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Requesting Profile Evaluation!

by siddharthmoona » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:24 am
Currently working as Senior Software Engineer for Walmart, I am a 26 year old Indian who wants to apply for an MBA in 2017. I have attached my CV for your ready reference.
GMAT - 680 (Q49 V34), IR - 6, AWA - 6
Few details not mentioned in my CV :-
Social Work Experience
1. Worked as a Volunteer Therapist at an institution for differently abled in India for 4 months in 2013.
Awards & Achievements
1. 2nd Runner up - National Graphics Olympiad (2007)
Extra-Curriculars (not listed in the CV)
1. School Football Team Captain
2. School House Captain
3. Co-founded the Music Club in College
It would be awesome if an expert could evaluate my profile for schools - Ross,Tepper,Anderson,NUS,IE,IESE,Cambridge,Oxford,LBS,HEC
Attachments
Sid CV (1).pdf
(25.79 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:13 pm
Thanks for sharing your profile. You have a nice profile particularly your work experience. Your GMAT is about at the avg or a bit lower than the schools you are targeting but close enough. This will not be an area that will put you over the top so if you can bump this score up a bit it would help you up. You are in play at these schools so your essays and short answers will really be important for you
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:39 pm
siddharthmoona wrote:Currently working as Senior Software Engineer for Walmart, I am a 26 year old Indian who wants to apply for an MBA in 2017. I have attached my CV for your ready reference.
GMAT - 680 (Q49 V34), IR - 6, AWA - 6
Few details not mentioned in my CV :-
Social Work Experience
1. Worked as a Volunteer Therapist at an institution for differently abled in India for 4 months in 2013.
Awards & Achievements
1. 2nd Runner up - National Graphics Olympiad (2007)
Extra-Curriculars (not listed in the CV)
1. School Football Team Captain
2. School House Captain
3. Co-founded the Music Club in College
It would be awesome if an expert could evaluate my profile for schools - Ross,Tepper,Anderson,NUS,IE,IESE,Cambridge,Oxford,LBS,HEC
Hi siddharthmoona, thanks for reaching out. I think for Ross and Anderson your GMAT score will not be in the most competitive pool. Not to say that you absolutely won't get in- but I think it is uphill. For many of the other schools your GMAT puts you closer to the striking range. One thing that can help a lot is to be very clear on what you hope to gain from MBA and where you want to work so that it makes sense for you to get your MBA at NUS or LBS. These set you up for different options- so rather than a shotgun approach of where can I get in? Think about what do I want to do, which country is best for me to prepare for it? Which country then has the program that best fits my personal and professional goals- if you have good answers to those questions, your odds go up. Hope that helps you think about this a bit differently.