Architect going for MBA ?

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Architect going for MBA ?

by vineet.bhosle » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:43 am
Hello Veritas Prep,

There are very few architects who wish to do an MBA, to explore their Corporate strategy and leadership goals.

I am a registered (in India the USA) architect working in the USA (4-year work experience) but I am originally from India, I have done my masters from ASU, GPA 3.57, Gmat 720. I am looking to apply top 20 business schools. I have two major questions.

A) when I apply to a B school, Am I going to be put in the same bucket as all the Indian engineers ? or will I compete with other architects and nontraditional applicants.

B) is this GMAT enough to get me in ? assuming its the best I can do, what are my chances or should I skip a year and keep studying ?

Appreciate your help greatly ! thanks a lot.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:59 pm
Thanks for sharing your profile.

For your application, it would help to clearly present your work experiences and accomplishments as an architect (and distinguish you from the pool of IT/Engineers from India), and how that plus an MBA will help you towards your career goals. Identifying specifics in the target program and how these addresses knowledge or skill gaps in your profile, and how these would complement your current profile to make your post-MBA goal realistic will help your chances.

Your GPA and GMAT should help you get considered for the top 20 programs, the essays, recommendations, and interviews will be the key to making you stand out.

Wish you all the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!