Any chance in LBS or HEC Paris MIM

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Any chance in LBS or HEC Paris MIM

by aman11 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:08 am
I am an Indian. My SSC percent is 84.4 and HSC percent is 79.8 and I graduated from delhi university with 70.8% marks in physical science that means 4 GPA. I have done 'effective communication and personality development through theatre' a 100 hour course which is led by a theatre director and visiting faculties were personalities from NSD(national school of drama) and Bollywood. I have represented my college by doing stage acting in professional auditorium not college campus. I was a member of ASHMITA THEATRE GROUP for 1 year. I have performed in 10 plays as stage actor working with a team of more than 60 peoples including backstage artists which have helped me a lot in improving my team work and leadership skills. My GMAT score is 730. Any chance to get admitted in LBS or HEC Paris MIM course? Any recommendations? And also tell me does doing stage acting count as work experience?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:56 am
Any post college, professional work experience will count for b-school admissions purposes. Everything you will need for your Master's you will get in your chosen program. you will, of course, be wise to indicate how your work experience has prepared you to lead and to do well in your desired curriculum, including how it will tie into your short and long term vision.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:40 am
Hi Aman,
As a quick introduction, I've been helping students in France for the last seven years and thus I'm fairly well acquainted with HEC and their requirements. With that said your GMAT score and academics are good enough so that won't be a problem. So at this point it would come down to your essays. Generally, schools are looking for four major things: leadership, teamwork, maturity, and intelligence. At the same time they are looking for three or four things that make you who you are and hopefully make you unique. The fact that you have so much acting experience would definitely make you unique as there are not that many applicants that have such a background. From your acting experience you say that you've worked with large teams so that will help you cover "the teamwork" aspect and your GMAT score/academics would be a point in your favor for your intelligence. Now, you'll still need to show some examples of leadership, maturity, and some other illustrations of intelligence and teamwork. If you want to read more about writing the essays (and see a free video I made) you can check out this page:

https://www.vinciaprep.com/fr/blog/how-s ... ram-essays

Hope that helps!
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:690

by Abhyank » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:18 am
Hey aman,

First up, since you have provided only a gyst of your qualifications, it's hard to comment on the likelihood of getting into the HEC Paris or the LBS MiM programs. Having said that, your academics and GMAT seem solid and yes, your stage acting will be counted as work experience.
Most of these schools look for diversity in culture and academic background for their programs and your profile is most likely to be a unique proposition for the school.
Other factors that the schools will take into consideration are international experience, LORs and Essay questions. So, it is very important to nail these portions to stand a good chance.
As far as LORs go, LBS looks for a professional recommender and an academic recommender. HEC ideally wants two academic recommenders, but one professional recommendation is allowed. So make sure that you're in touch with your faculty from college or any other intensive coursework completed.
In your essay questions, make sure to elaborate on your experiences and how the program will help further your goals in life.
You can get a better idea about the two programs in the following links:
HEC Paris - https://www.mim-essay.com/hec-paris-mim-review.html
LBS MiM - https://www.mim-essay.com/lbs-mim-review.html
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM-Essay.com

97% Success Rate| 7000+ Admits in Top Schools| 10 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 3X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here:
https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appoi ... rm/?btgmat

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by R0692 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:14 pm
I made it to HEC Paris too. This is for many on this forum who're looking at suggestions on how to go about putting in the best application. When I started off, there were a lot of things that I wanted to put in my application. I knew I needed help of consultants who could help me prioritize as well as structure my content well. I took the services of Gyanone (India) with this and was really happy with the outcome. They helped me highlight all the relevant aspects of my profile very well. I'd recommend them to all MiM applicants.