profile evaluation

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

profile evaluation

by sid_86 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:00 pm
hello,i would like to get my profile evaluated.
I am preparing for gmat and am planning to take it somewhere around end of may.In prep tests i am scoring around 620.In next few weeks i expect the score to reach somewhere around 680.On the basis of this score i would like to get a rough idea about b schools in India,USA, Singapore, Europe for which i can aim for,schools in which my chances are gud enough to get into considering my profile,my score and various improvements which can be made over the next few months till the b school application process starts.

Stats
X-86%
XII-62%
grad-58%(B.Sc. Hons. Maths & Computers,Punjab Univ.)
After graduation i hav been working in my family business for the past 7 yrs.Basically our business involves trading and fabrication of iron sheets.
as far as extra activities are concerned i use to take part in various kinds of co curricular activities in my school days.but in recent times i hav less to offer.

Also i would appreciate suggestions on extra activities which i can add to my profile in the next few months,activities which can help me in improving my prospects of getting into better colleges than possible with my current profile.well i would like to get into top 70 colleges and may be in top colleges like ISB H,HEC PARIS.
regards
sidharth

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:06 am
Sidharth-

In some respects your profile will be painfully common in the b-school application process, being Indian, having worked for the family business, and having a decent, but not impressive compared to your peers GMAT score. What you must do is begin breaking yourself from the commonalities by impacting your commmunity outside work. Since recommendations will be considered a bit biased if they come from the workplace on account of your parents owning the company, you will need to seek leadership opportunities in your community where you can get a less biased commentary on your leadership and contributions. You might also consider part time, evening or executive programs, where your admissions odds can rise and you can continue working and earning money during your MBA education.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options