Any European Top schools' student who can help?

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
well.. I have gone through all the topics under this section and was wondering why no one from HEC paris, Insead France, LBS, IE spain out to help? Lot of US B-school related help is available.. but hardly on European b-schools... since i am contemplating applying to few European Biggies too I have many questions which i want to ask about them.. can anyone help please?????

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:35 pm
Sure feel free to shoot your questions. Oh btw i am a current MBA student at IESE, Barcelona!
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by amar66 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm
hk wrote:Sure feel free to shoot your questions. Oh btw i am a current MBA student at IESE, Barcelona!
Can you pls throw light on RSM, Holland in terms of education & placements?

Followed by:1 members

by AishwaryaPandey » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:41 pm
I have studied in one of the top 10 Business Schools of Europe.
I can not find a specific question so it is very difficult to figure out what help exactly you are seeking.

1. An admission into a business school depends firstly on the agreements between your profile and the course's requirements.
2. Apart from specific requirements of the program, admission into a top business school requires- a decent GMAT score + a decent GPA + a decent demonstration of extra-curricular and practical experience. Professional experience is always a plus (but again the total amount of work experience has a relation to which program is most suitable for you).
3. No matter how good your school is, international experience through for example - internships is a star requirement. https://hellojobinparis.com/blog/10-tips ... -job-paris will list some great tips for that.

Let me know if you have more specific questions. ;) Good luck.

by Sven11 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:35 am
I think it varies, which is what makes it so great. Business school want a diverse student population. You have students who come from the top consulting companies, engineers, marketing folks, business owners, folks who come from "non-traditional" business careers etc. The diversity of the student population is what makes the discussions inside and outside the classroom so powerful. I did find that the students who either came directly from undergrad or only worked a year or two had a lot less to offer in the discussions. I would strongly recommend getting several years of work experience under your belt before you apply. You will get a lot more out of your experience.

I personally worked for 4 years before going to Fuqua. Took several leadership positions during the four years which really helped me draw from real life experience. I was a hardware engineer and an engineering manager prior to going to business school.