Need helpful & guidance

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Need helpful & guidance

by abhishekgoenka05 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:38 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to give the GMAT in a few months and intend to start preparing for it. I have completed my Bachelors in business management (BBM) from Bangalore University, India and have a work experience ~4 yrs at Amazon.

I have a few doubts below and it would be really helpful in getting them resolved.

What is the approx fee structure of various universities (top & mediocre) in US?
What are the timelines for intakes at US?
What is the avg. package offered by companies after course completion?

Thanks,
Abhishek

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:09 am
abhishekgoenka05 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to give the GMAT in a few months and intend to start preparing for it. I have completed my Bachelors in business management (BBM) from Bangalore University, India and have a work experience ~4 yrs at Amazon.

I have a few doubts below and it would be really helpful in getting them resolved.

What is the approx fee structure of various universities (top & mediocre) in US? This article should give you a good idea of fee structure for top programs: https://poetsandquants.com/2015/05/27/m7 ... elite-mba/

What are the timelines for intakes at US? Most have applications due in Sept-Dec. Round 1 is best if you are ready- and that is usually applications due in Sept/Oct. Round 2 most popular with applications due in Dec/Jan and Round 3 is toughest with applications due somewhere Feb/Apr/Mar and can just be harder as many spots already taken and few fellowships left.

Generally speaking some of the mediocre programs may cost less but also deliver less value. And in some cases they cost similar amounts.
What is the avg. package offered by companies after course completion?
This should help: https://www.payscale.com/college-salary- ... y-type/mba

Thanks,
Abhishek