Seeking info on Essay Analysis for NUS

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

Seeking info on Essay Analysis for NUS

by RBBmba@2014 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:21 pm
Hi,
Do you've any Essay Analysis for NUS FT-MBA application Essays for this year ? If yes, could you please post the same here so that all of the NUS applicants can benefit from your Essay Analysis ?

If not, then can you please share your feedback how one should approach this Essay : Define what success means to you. (300 words) -- it's a NEW Essay this year in NUS application and seems a pretty broad topic to cover in just 300 words!!

Look forward to hear from you. Much thanks in advance!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionKate » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:26 pm
Hi there!
No we don't have a formal essay analysis for NUS. In terms of how to approach that question, I'd start with an example of a time you were successful, and then explain why that was meaningful and what the impact you had was. With only 300 words, you likely won't be able to provide multiple examples, but you could perhaps tie it in to your future goals, or how you aim to be successful in the future. For general essay writing tips, check out our essay writing guide here: https://shop.mbamission.com/products/mb ... ting-guide
Good luck!
Kate

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by RBBmba@2014 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:14 pm
mbaMissionKate wrote:Hi there!
No we don't have a formal essay analysis for NUS. In terms of how to approach that question, I'd start with an example of a time you were successful, and then explain why that was meaningful and what the impact you had was. With only 300 words, you likely won't be able to provide multiple examples, but you could perhaps tie it in to your future goals, or how you aim to be successful in the future. For general essay writing tips, check out our essay writing guide here: https://shop.mbamission.com/products/mb ... ting-guide
Good luck!
Kate
Hi Kate,
Thank you so much for your reply. I hear you here...however, sent you a PM on this.

Also, could you please let me know what word limit EXACTLY should we adhere to when schools say that the Essay size should have a "Maximum length - 2 pages, double-spaced" ? (FYR, Texas Mays has this unique criteria)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionKate » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:48 pm
If all they say is max length 2 pages, double spaced, then just pick a reasonable font like Times New Roman and font size like 11 pt and see what you can fit! My guess is that it'll be somewhere around 650-750 words.