Need help & guidance

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Need help & guidance

by abhishekgoenka05 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:41 am
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to give the GMAT in a few months and intend to start preparing for it. I have completed my Bachelors in business management (BBM) from Bangalore University, India and have a work experience ~4 yrs at Amazon.

I have a few doubts below and it would be really helpful in getting them resolved.

What is the approx fee structure of various universities (top & mediocre) in US?
What are the timelines for intakes at US?
What is the avg. package offered by companies after course completion?

Thanks,
Abhishek

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

Need help & guidance

by mbaMissionKate » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:17 am
Hi there, good luck on your upcoming GMAT! To answer your questions...

1. You should check directly with schools to find out their student budgets. I believe the average for very top programs is the US is around $60k tuition and fees (per year), but this doesn't include living expenses. Tuition will vary by school though, especially if you look outside the top ones. You might be interested to check out this report too: https://info.m7financial.com/graduate-pr ... a-programs

2. If you are doing a full-time program, most start in the Fall (Aug or Sep). One notable exception is Columbia which has a J-Term program that starts in January and does not take a full two years. There are usually three application rounds the year prior - one in Sept / Oct, one in Jan, one in Mar/Apr. Part-time programs sometimes have both Spring and Fall intakes. Same with programs in Europe.

3. You can check out our services and prices here: https://www.mbamission.com/
And also our options to bundle our services with Manhattan Prep's excellent GMAT prep courses here: https://www.manhattanprep.com/gmat/prep ... dmissions/

Best,
Kate

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by abhishekgoenka05 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:51 am
Thanks a lot for those insights, really helps!

While I was researching, I heard about Ireland for MBA (Dublin school of Business & Trinity).

Below are my doubts/questions:

1. How's Ireland for MBA?
2. Between the 2 schools which one is better and why?
3. I noticed that the tution fees for Trinity is almost 3 times that of Dublin. Wondering why.
4. Job scope & starting avg. package there?

Thanks,

GMAT/MBA Expert

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by mbaMissionKate » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:21 pm
Not exactly my area of expertise to be honest :) but I am sure there are some strong programs in Ireland. I think the important thing for you to consider is whether those programs match with your target industry and geographic preferences, so check the employment stats to make sure the career opportunities are attractive to you.

I believe Trinity has a stronger reputation, rankings wise, which is probably why you're seeing such a large tuition difference. I'm not sure what else could be driving the difference but make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

I don't know about the job scope and salary, each school should have that info either publically available (check the career section of the website) or if not, contact someone in admissions to ask for this information.

Hope this helps!
Kate
abhishekgoenka05 wrote:Thanks a lot for those insights, really helps!

While I was researching, I heard about Ireland for MBA (Dublin school of Business & Trinity).

Below are my doubts/questions:

1. How's Ireland for MBA?
2. Between the 2 schools which one is better and why?
3. I noticed that the tution fees for Trinity is almost 3 times that of Dublin. Wondering why.
4. Job scope & starting avg. package there?

Thanks,