Please help evaluate my profile

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please help evaluate my profile

by sanket8587 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm
Hi,
I am an indian male 26 years old.
I recently appeared for GMAT and have a score of 640 (V:32 Q: 45). TOEFL 103 . I am a graduate of computer technology(62 %). I have 4 years of work experience. Out of these 4 years, I have been working in the US for last 2 years.
I am trying to find the colleges suitable for my score. So far I have come up with :
1.UNC
2.University of illinois urbana-champaign
3.Nanyang
Do these choices look good? any suggestions which colleges should I try for?
Does it give me an advantage to have worked in the US for couple of years?

Extra curriculars :

I did not do anything else than studying during my college days(for which I regret now!!!).

At my workplace, I have been organizing religious festivals and quarterly team building activities. The team activites comprise of around 30 people and I ,along with a few colleagues manage the entire event.
I have been working for social initiatives that take place at work such as food drive, back to school drive.

Goal :
My goal post MBA is to work where I can use my technical knowledge and newly learnt business skills in unison.
Please let me know if there are any colleges that offer expertise in technology management.

Thanks,
Sanket

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:57 pm
Hi Sanket,

Thanks for posting. I'm not sure you described the type of role you've been in for your 4 years of work experience, but generally there are a lot of Indian IT applicants, yes. You'll want to think about how you are different from the average Indian IT applicant. ;) I think the involvements you have had through your work, organizing the events, are worth noting and can help show a bit more about you than strictly the technical skills you have. It's ok that there wasn't much involvement in college if you can speak to what you do outside of your job now. As for schools, you would likely have a shot at the schools you mentioned with strong essays and applications, though it still wouldn't be easy per se. Finally yes I believe your US work experience is a plus over those without it. Wishing you good luck, keep us posted on other questions!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders