Profile Evaluation_ 690 (87th Percentile) [Q 47 V 38]

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I am an Indian male, who is working as a Self Employed Attorney. I have completed my study of law from one of the Top 7 Law Schools in India and scored an aggregate percentage of 66.5%

My professional experiences have been very diverse, ranging from representing large corporations in cases before the Supreme Court of India to advising the Government on policy framing. I have also started two social sector projects of my own and was involved in pro-bono work during law school days as well.

My target schools are Columbia GSB, Harvard, Yale an Chicago Booth. Given my professional background, would you suggest retaking the GMAT, or does my current score put me in the safe bracket, where other aspects on my application can take over?

Thanks !

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:42 pm
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you should have some interesting fodder for essays and for classroom discussion based on your experiences. I'm not sure how much work experience you have, and also WHY you want the MBA which is a big one.... make sure you have a clear explanation of the why, and how you see your career developing. The 690 is borderline. I wouldn't say it puts you in a 'safe' category; certainly if they LOVED your application they'd likely admit you, but bumping it up higher would also help your case, especially being below the average at these schools--i.e. you'd be bringing down their average, theoretically ;). Probably depends upon your personal situation, how interested you are in re-taking or not, estimated improvement or practice test scores, etc. It's borderline though so if it is not possible to re-take then just focus on those essays! Good luck on the process!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders