Need help on math study guide!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need help on math study guide!

by mygman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:07 am
Hi all
I consistently score 47-48 on Math section.
I am targeting to get 50/51 on it though. The only study guide I used so far is Official GMAT guide.

Can anyone recommend a good study guide for me? What can I do to improve my math score?
Any books? Any forums?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members
GMAT Score:680

by sam2304 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:27 am
Try these problems

https://www.beatthegmat.com/300-hardest- ... 67434.html

Those problems are quite tough. Try to utilize them and review those problems.
Getting defeated is just a temporary notion, giving it up is what makes it permanent.
https://gmatandbeyond.blogspot.in/

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by mygman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:52 am
Thx so much!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by chieftang » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:17 pm
Well, I'll offer a somewhat differing opinion. Working out a bunch of random difficult problems is certainly one option. But, I'd start analyzing your previous CAT results and figure out for yourself why are you missing the questions you're missing. Is it because there are some basic concepts you haven't mastered. Is it because you're making careless mistakes. Is there a theme - i.e. are you consistently missing a certain type of question. Basically try to figure out WHERE you are coming up short and then concentrate on improving in those areas. Remember, "tough" GMAT quant questions are not tough because they require advanced math or excessively cumbersome solutions. They're tough because they combine multiple basic concepts. So the way I see it, your job is to (a) master the basic concepts required for the GMAT and (b) practice applying these concepts in a variety of ways. So, improving CAT scores seems to me to be an exercise in self-discovery.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Re: Need help on math study guide!

by mathguide » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:20 am
Hi Mygman,

I have read your concern and understand your requirements. You don't need to worry about your problem. Just go to Google and do a search for your problems and also use Quora to ask the question related to your problem.

Also check this website, if you are looking for a tool to convert CM to Inch & Inch to CM. This website also helps you to convert a number in words.