Is Investing in an MBA Admissions consultant worth it?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I am wondering if I should connect with an MBA admissions consultant for my applications to MBA colleges? I am looking for MBA in India only. I have decent writing skills and a clear vision of my goals, but does a consultant maximize your chances of acceptance? What has been your experience?

Although I have not taken my GMAT yet, I think I should begin my search for a consultant (if I should need one) right away because R1 deadlines are just around the corner.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770
Hi Akanksha,

Investing in an MBA Admissions consultant is definitely worth it. Here are some of the advantages of seeking admissions consultant guidance -
• Getting guidance from professionals gives you a competitive edge. It helps you enhance your content, highlight the best parts, and deduct insignificant parts.

• One of the most significant advantages of an admission consultant reviewing your application is that he/she was exactly in your place once. You can leverage their experience of the process to gain valuable insights. Their feedback can be a great asset to elevate the quality of your application and essays.

• Apart from being alumni of top B-Schools, these reviewers are also professionals working in managerial or senior positions in industries across the spectrum. Hence, they would be able to efficiently gauge the career goals and objectives you have presented in the essays and other parts of the application. Admission consultants can help you streamline your essays to reflect such goals.

• Since admission consultants are alumni from top B-Schools, they would know the in and out of the student experience of the business school. Hence, he/she also understands what qualities help you optimize that experience and the attributes the admissions officers would be looking for in you. They will help you bring out those qualities in your essays in a noticeable way.

• Most students get their essays reviewed by language experts to make sure there are no grammatical or spelling errors and to enhance the use of vocabulary in their applications and essays. Granted, English experts would be able to elevate the language of your essays, but they might lag in the messaging. However, while an alumnus from top schools may not be a language expert, but he/she surely possesses effective communication skills — including writing. Hence, they can review both the logical, structural, and language aspects of the essays and their applications.

Good to know that you are in process of applying to top schools, we at General Education can assist you in applying for top B-Schools in India. Please let us know what stage are you in the application process? We can assist you in GMAT Preparation, shortlisting of schools, essay editing, resume editing, interview preparation.

Please PM if you have any specific questions. Happy to help!
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

Some admissions consultancies will work with clients to identify their brand, their story, or something that makes them memorable. They'll also work with clients on interview prep, selecting their recommenders, and some even offer in-house GMAT and GRE tutoring.

Ask the consultants about their experience and how they keep themselves currently updated and in-the-know about the programs. You can always check out General Education for more details. They even have a FREE Consultation. Their website has all the details in-depth.