Need an MBA mock-interview partner? Click here!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Need an MBA interview partner?

Hi Everyone!

A quick disclaimer: I am not a professional admissions consultant, but your regular R1 MBA-admit.

WHO AM I?
I am admitted with a GBP25,000 scholarship to Cambridge Judge, GBP8,500 bursary to Imperial Business School and an admit to Oxford Said.

WHY AM I DOING THIS?
During my MBA admissions process, I found it a huge challenge to find mock interview partners who knows about the MBA (my friends and colleagues helped with mock interviews but did not know how to put the MBA into context) and found that professional MBA Interview Preps are crazy expensive (Stacy Blackman charges 1000 dollars, for example, and the cheapest I found was 179 dollars an hour with MBA Wire). Coming from a third-world country definitely didn't help as my buying power is extremely low. I then spent hours practicing in front of the mirror, recording myself, and listening to many podcasts to help improve my interviewing skills. I found myself wishing that there's a more affordable mock-interview offer out there.

As I will be matriculating in September 2020, I'm in the process of saving up money to support my living expenses in a first-world country with my third-world savings. I would therefore like to offer myself as an amateur mock-interview partner!

HOW WILL THE SESSION RUN?
It will be a one hour call through Skype. We can do either:
1. 40 minutes of full-run interview with 20 minutes feedback.
2. 60 minutes of interview interlaced with feedbacks between questions.

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
It's entirely up to you. Like "free walking tours" that they have in tourist destinations globally, I do not charge any fixed price. In fact, if you did not find it useful or do not have the funds to pay, feel free to not pay me at all. I'm happy enough to know that the session has at least helped someone out there :)

At the end of the session, I'll give you my PayPal account that you can use to transfer the funds.

HOW CAN YOU REACH ME?
If you're interested, please drop me a Private Message and I'll email you my CV and LinkedIn profile. We can then work out a good schedule for the both of us.
I am generally available everyday from 1000 GMT - 1500 GMT.

Looking forward to hearing from you!