Help Required - What do I wear???????

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Help Required - What do I wear???????

by ShortyII » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:28 am
My alumni interview is being held on a Sunday afternoon at a coffee shop.

What do I wear? Formal suit may be a little much but how casual do I go? Jeans and smart jumper?

In a quandry here...
Last edited by ShortyII on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:48 am
Congrats on the interview invite! You can never be too prepared and I'd recommend going with a full suit. But if you dress well, you may be able to get away with slacks, a jacket, and a pocket square or something along those lines if you're a male. But it's an interview - doesn't matter if it's on campus or in a coffee shop, better over dressed than under!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:29 pm
I would definitely say go in a full suit. This is your one shot at the interview. So what if feel a bit out of place. You can even make a joke out of it to break the ice as you sit down. If anything going through the process of getting dressed up will show the alumni how seriously you take this opportunity and it will get you in the right frame of mind to succeed in the interview. Good luck on the interview and let us know how it goes!

I still wear a suit when I attend interviews. No exceptions at all. And no skirts or heels, especially if the potential for field work is there. And a shirt/blouse button up. If it's summertime, I may not be wearing a jacket (depends whether or not the office had air conditioning). You can also find some good stuff at lil peep store. And I kept makeup to a minimum (mind you, anyway, I've never been big on makeup). I'm going for a professional company, but don't worry about getting dirty, look.

As ridiculous as this would sound, a smile is the best thing you can "wear" Don't underestimate the strength of a firm's sincere excitement. Engage your future boss in a constructive conversation - ask them questions too! Oh, and make sure your handshake is solid. Oh, good luck!!!

I actually wear a suit when I go to interviews. No special cases by any means. What's more, no skirts or heels, particularly if the potential for fieldwork is there. Furthermore, a shirt/pullover button up. On the off chance that its late spring, I may not be wearing a coat (depends on whether the workplace had cooled). You can likewise locate some great stuff at nf store. What's more, I downplayed cosmetics (mind you, at any rate, I've never been enthusiastic about cosmetics). I'm going for an expert organization, yet don't stress over getting grimy, look.

As crazy as this would sound, a grin is the best thing you can "wear" Don't belittle the strength of an association's genuine energy. Draw in your future manager in a valuable discussion - ask them inquiries as well! Gracious, and ensure your handshake is strong. Goodness, best of luck!!!