PythaGURUS Consulting: MBA Admissions and Dating Websites

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi Guys,

I wanted to use this WILDEST analogy to make the applicants understand the concept of Networking.

Match.com and a TOP MBA- Look at the analogy- You will understand how an Average guy can create a TOP School Story. This isn't a myth- Think about it- Haven't you seen an average guy married to the girl of your DREAMS

Someone asked me- "If I make a class visit, is it a GUARANTEED ADMIT?" - Their question "Jatin, If I spend USD 2,500 on a trip to the US, will I certainly get an admit? "

It is same as telling a GIRL ON Match.com - "I am spending money to come all over to see you in the UNITED STATES. Is there a Guarantee that you will marry me?"

If you look good, there are chances that your story will move forward rather than her losing you in the millions of other profiles- YOU will not be a NOBODY anymore( Even though she hasn't agreed to marry you yet).

If you are horrible and your preparation Stinks- then she will know- "DUDE- You shouldn't have really made this effort- YOU Stink! " and before you know- You will be strangers again

Imagine - Someone with a GMAT 730 and an Average background( IT Indian/Male/Avg GPA/Avg Extra-Curriculars)- keen on applying to DUKE( IMP: If your extracurriculars are really REALLY BAD- a DUKE 730 will not be easy considering the theme of their essays- and knowing that contribution to the school is really REALLY Important for them) - Anyway-

Look at the formula-

1. If I know that this Average applicant with a GMAT 730 is fighting against Above average Applicants with GMAT 760's - How can I make this average person FIGHT WITH THE OTHER ONE?
2. First thing- IF I know that you can sell better in person that on paper i.e. If meeting you in person is way better than your resume and your essay, then my first action always is - "I want to prepare you for a ROCK SOLID Interview, and pack you in an amazon box and send you to the US- "GO MEET THEM- Visit the class- and finish your interview( A lot of you do not know that - IF YOU VISIT SCHOOLS, they give you a FREE INTERVIEW- i.e. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT TO GET SHORTLISTED : Why? Because you told them that " You are so important for me- and I have come all the way- Will you consider Marrying me?" - and they will say- "We want to give you a chance"- I am going to use the Dating analogy- If you are interested in someone who loves across the Ocean- Go meet them and tell them they are important for you. There is a great chance that they will appreciate the intentions and the feeling. ( THEY MAY NOT SAY YES TO YOU- but THEY KNOW YOU BETTER NOW THAN THE REST OF THE CROWD).
3. When should you make this class visit? : ONLY WHEN YOU ARE VERY WELL PREPARED. Imagine- showing up on school campus without preparation- without knowing what questions to ask- without knowing what is it that you want in your life, and without actively preparing for the various Situatoinal questions. - You are just ruining their day and your day. Class visit without a preparation will work against you.
4. if you are applying to small schools such as Stanford, Tuck, Darden, Yale, EMORY, and many more with less than 500 applicants, class visits and networking are helpful. They are not mandatory, and 80% of our applicants do not do these. However, if you are planning to travel to the UNITED STATES in the near future, please book slots for class visits via school's websites, and take appointments.

First of all- Class Visits are recommeded but are NOT MANDATORY.

- Genchi Genbutsu ( Analogy from Toyota Production Systems for "Go and See"). You will be spending a "Fortune" on an MBA program, and it will make a lot of sense to go and visit the school, and learn more about their orientation.

- Networking Opportunity: A networking opportunity for you as it will give you ample airtime with the admission committee members and other senior members from the leadership team.

- Informational Interviews: It is your opportunity to conduct informational interviews. Informational interview is your way of identifying the right reasons for joining that school. While the majority of the applicant pool comes with a mindset that they will register for any top-school on the basis of the favourable outcome, I strongly encourage all the applicants to follow a research based process. Give your schools very strong reasons to know you, and evaluate you. It will also allow you to develop very personal reasons for - "WHY You are interested in that Program?"

Thank You !

Jatin ( PythaGURUS Admissions Team).<i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i><i class="em em-grinning"></i>
Regards,

PythaGURUS Education

MBA Admissions Consulting

www.pythagurus.com