PythaGURUS Consulting: 3 top schools with $$: Success Story

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Dear Applicants,

Wanted to share a story of an applicant who had been facing rejects for the past 2 years, and how we got an opportunity to turn his case around and get him 3 top schools with significant scholarships( See the note from Kumar Vatsal Below).
Suggestions to everyone-
1. GMAT is only one of the factors. Kumar had a GMAT 770, and had been facing rejects for the past two years before we met him. We are proud that he has 3 top schools( Duke, HEC, and Tepper) with very significant scholarships.
2. Do not treat employability as a theoretical exercise: If you do not know how a school will help you accomplish your short-term, long-term goals, they will not buy your story. When I do mock interviews with you, one of the things we try to figure out is "Have you yourself bought your story?" I mean, if you are not convinced how will Duke make you a product manager, then your essays and interviews are going to be very shallow. You will just be blabbering the perfect electives of clubs, but you will not be able to convince them how they will help you.
3. Spend a lot of time with your bosses, and have them write authentic, and effective RECOMMENDATION Letters. Since the schools do not know your bosses, and your bosses are not well known figures, a glorified recommendation letter full of adjectives will not work.
4. Do not treat an MBA as an end goal of your life. It is a means to an end, and you are paying a lot of money for this milestone. Do a lot of research, and really explore how a school fits into your scheme of things. This change of attitude will be reflected all over your essays, and interviews if you understand it.

Note from Kumar Vatsal
PythaGURUS Review: Duke, HEC , Tepper with significant Scholarships

I started my third attempt at B-school applications with a 770 GMAT, yet I was not confident that I'd even get an interview call from 25+ ranked schools. Having received rejects continuously over the past 2 years had left me doubting myself and I felt that I was beyond saving. I came across Pythagurus on GMAT club. Jatin's replies to various posts made me aware of a very simple and effective process. I decided to schedule a call with Jatin and that was when my bubble of understanding of the MBA program and admissions broke.
I wanted a quick fix for my problems and was not looking at very simple and practical ways of learning what I wanted to achieve and how an MBA could genuinely help me. Soon after starting with Pythagurus, I began having daily calls with current students from all my target schools and gathered a lot of information which wasn't available on the website or the blogs. I started to picture myself in those schools and genuinely understood the 'personality' of each school. This led me to refine my set of target schools and understand what my future job would literally be like. Jatin helped me write all of this, very clearly connecting my current line of work and future aspirations with the MBA.
I applied to Duke, CMU and HEC Paris in the first round. I interviewed for all and Jatin made sure I was well prepared for my first interview. My Duke interview was unlike any interview I had ever experienced, I conversed in Hindi and was not asked any standard MBA interview questions. Yet, with the training I had received from Jatin, I was able to communicate my reasons for choosing Duke, what I intended to do there, and that I had really done my homework and was making a well thought decision. I got through every school I applied to. The results were unimaginable 4 months ago.
Jatin is a very patient and straight forward person. I missed several deadlines, repeatedly gave bad essays and overloaded him with content right at the deadline. He worked through it all to create convincing and well thought applications. I never had an issue in scheduling a call with him or faced any lack of assistance no matter what time of day it was. Interview Ninjas is an incredible resource and more people need to be made aware of it.
I owe my success to Pythagurus, for had it not been for them, I would have still been wondering 'what went wrong this time around?'.
Regards,

PythaGURUS Education

MBA Admissions Consulting

www.pythagurus.com