PythaGURUS Consulting: Start networking now for Round 1

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Dear Applicants,

I have continuously blogging about networking these days, as it is ONE thing that you cannot ignore. If you are looking at round 1 applications, this is the time TO START NETWORKING.
I wanted to share this with you very enthusiastically and very authentically-

One thing to remember in the next couple of months is that - when you are applying to the TOP MBA Programs of the world- Your goal is not to just prepare an application. I mean- you are not doing it just to be prepared for a 500 word input. NO! Absolutely not! You are preparing for a WHOLE NEW EXPRESSION FOR - HOW WILL YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THAT SCHOOL?

That will be reflected in your essays and in your passion for that program. I am not a wishful thinker or a philosopher. What I am trying to express here is - There are times you will get into fights with interviewers who will try to take you down while asking you questions such as "WHY OUR SCHOOL?" or "How will an MBA help you ?"

Now- I am not suggesting that I will give you a simple formula and enable you to create a response in 3 days. That is NOT POSSIBLE! What I am suggesting is- I want you to see yourself working on understanding that school comprehensively! You will be trained on - HOW TO FIND YOUR HANDICAPS ?+ HOW WILL A SCHOOL REMOVE YOUR HANDICAPS? - They will ask you a simple question - "WHY DID YOU PICK US?" and your enthusiasm will help you address the intricacies of the research needed to get a GREAT RESPONSE.

And your enthusiasm and your willingness to participate in that particular program will really make you go past the resistance that you currently face while writing essays or even while networking with the alumnus.

So many existing students, and graduates will refuse to talk to you, and you will not have a great response rate. That does not mean that you will NOT WRITE THE NEXT EMAIL OR A FOLLOW UP EMAIL . This will be a continuous learning and experience that will prepare you for a strong success.

And yes- Everyday for the next 6 months, you will be living your post MBA Life. You will be building connections with strangers and finding opportunities to seek help, information, and doing whatever it takes to get accepted. This will be reflected in your post MBA Admit life when you will be exploring internships, full time jobs, and career changes.

No ONE can bypass the rigor of this process.

No ONE SHOULD bypass the rigor of this process.

Before you pay 30 lakhs to 1 crore to a business school, get yourself ready. Even after accepting 1 crore from you, the TOP Programs of this world will not spoon-feed you in networking, and employability. You will have to be resourceful from day one.
Regards,

PythaGURUS Education

MBA Admissions Consulting

www.pythagurus.com