PythaGURUS: Quitting your job or change it before deadlines

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Dear Applicants,

A lot of you ask me- SHOULD I QUIT MY JOB To Prepare for GMAT or to work on your Applications!

Imagine - Everything is going fine, you are about to marry the girl, the dates have been decided, and suddenly you mention- HEY- I am thinking of quitting my job :) . Your future with the girl may not get impacted but you will definitely have everyone's attention for sometime.

Last year, one of my applicants quit his job in October( right after the Application submission). He did not even mention it to me till November. A week before his interview, he asked me - "Do I have to update my resume as my latest designation has TILL DATE on the resume?" . That was the time I panicked. Well ! Yes! We did change the date to - TILL October. Technically, he walked into three interviews without a JOB. Two of the interviewers were really chatty ( it was their job :) ) .

SIR- A Strong recommendation- DO NOT QUIT Your job! If you walk into an interview room with a PAST TENSE for the last designation, a lot of people tend to Fixate on your career switch. It is like- You are really handsome but have a Big MOLE on your face. People who are nice would ignore talking about it, but would keep thinking in their mind and make stories. People who are straightforward will get to the point and will ask - HEY! Why did you quit? What happened ?

Don't do this! Wait for your last interview to get over Buddy.
Regards,

PythaGURUS Education

MBA Admissions Consulting

www.pythagurus.com