Experience evaluation

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Experience evaluation

by neha shekhawat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:15 pm
I am planning to give GMAT in next few months but I am really very worried if my work experience will be considered worthy or not.I have more 4 years of experience of teaching in a B school of a Indian Private University as an Assistant Professor.So I am concerned if universities in USA consider teaching experience as valid experience.
My educational qualification is:
1: Bachelors in Mathematics (3 years degree from Delhi university)
2: Masters of finance and control (2 years from Amity university)

I have invested around 3 months for preparing GMAT now and I am really looking forward to give this exam but this thought keep on moving in my mind and I am afraid that this is going to affect my performance.
Please help
Last edited by neha shekhawat on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by EduSimplified » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:50 am
Hi Neha,
I do not see a reason why would any US B-School not consider your work experience. However, you should have a proper strategy aligned with your application package. Because MBA is a professional degree and changing careers from teaching to lets say consulting should be properly explained.
I hope you understand my point.
Best of luck for your GMAT and MBA journey. Let me know if I can help.
Cheers.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michelle@ARINGO » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:07 pm
neha shekhawat wrote:I am planning to give GMAT in next few months but I am really very worried if my work experience will be considered worthy or not.I have more 4 years of experience of teaching in a B school of a Indian Private University as an Assistant Professor.So I am concerned if universities in USA consider teaching experience as valid experience.
My educational qualification is:
1: Bachelors in Mathematics (3 years degree from Delhi university)
2: Masters of finance and control (2 years from Amity university)

I have invested around 3 months for preparing GMAT now and I am really looking forward to give this exam but this thought keep on moving in my mind and I am afraid that this is going to affect my performance.
Please help
Well, it would definitely count as work experience but it would raise some questions of course. Why are you changing to a different field? How will an MBA help you do that? How will what you have done so far help you moving forward? Etc.

Additionally, I am not sure all US schools would be equally impressed by such experience so it is also about demonstrating fit with the schools you apply to of course.
ARINGO MBA Admissions Consulting
https://ARINGO.com/

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/
Or contact us today on: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/

Highest acceptance rates in the industry! All statistics verified by Ernst & Young