School selection. GMAT- 710. Surgeon. Entrepreneur.

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I would highly appreciate your suggestions in regard to the schools I should be targeting. I am an Indian Surgeon, Co-Founder of a Digital healthcare Startup, which works to improve oral cancer screening via telemedicine in Indian rural demography, and author of a multilingual poetry book. I am 28 years old, and have 4 years of work experience (3 years residency and 1 year entrepreneurship). My GMAT score is 710 and I am targeting next fall admissions. I want to work with Healthcare MNCs and consulting firms. So far, I have zeroed in on few schools, on the basis of my Linkedin conversations and online research, but, I am still far away from the final picture.

List : Harvard, MIT, Yale, Kellogg, Wharton, NYU, Duke, UNC Kenan Flagler, Rotman, and NUS.

In anticipation of your suggestions.
Dr Shaurya[/b]

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:15 pm
sorry for the delay in responding (had trouble logging in). Your list of schools is OK, but broad. Wharton and Duke have strong health care programs, so I would prioritize schools like that. Apply in round 1 if you can, especially important for indian nationals. IF you think you can bump your GMAT up to the 740 range, that might be worth exploring. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

When you choose your school, keep in mind that there will be an admission process. You need to write a very high quality essay. What I can suggest is to address writers for academic writing. Minor errors and you can have bad credits.

Of course, reliable writing services exist, but you have to look for them very carefully. And it takes time and effort. To make it easier, you can use a special essay review services where you can find objective information about different paper writing services

Aabshar3 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:03 am
Hello Everyone,

I would highly appreciate your suggestions in regard to the schools I should be targeting. I am an Indian Surgeon, Co-Founder of a Digital healthcare Startup, which works to improve oral cancer screening via telemedicine in Indian rural demography, and author of a multilingual poetry book. I am 28 years old, and have 4 years of work experience (3 years residency and 1 year entrepreneurship). My GMAT score is 710 and I am targeting next fall admissions. I want to work with Healthcare MNCs and consulting firms. So far, I have zeroed in on few schools, on the basis of my Linkedin conversations and online research, but, I am still far away from the final picture.

List : Harvard, MIT, Yale, Kellogg, Wharton, NYU, Duke, UNC Kenan Flagler, Rotman, and NUS.

In anticipation of your suggestions.
Dr Shaurya[/b]
Sorry for the delay in responding (had trouble logging in). Your list of schools is ok, but broad. Duke and Wharton's health care programs may be of more interest, so I would prioritize those as well as some other schools like NYU and Stanford if you're interested (apply as early as possible). Better luck next time though maybe India.