Medical Students Interested in MBA - Profile Eval/Advice

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I was just wondering if you had any suggestions on what I could do for the next couple years to strengthen my application for business schools. I am currently a first-year medical student and looking to apply to MBA school between my 3rd and 4th year in medical school. I would prefer to apply to European schools, as they have one year programs, but am open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Profile:

GPA - 3.72

GMAT - Taking it this summer

Research - Currently working on over a dozen projects related to orthopaedic surgery as a Research Assistant at 3 different institutions, including some cost-effectiveness studies; hoping to have completed at least 20 projects by the time I am applying for business school

Community Service - Volunteered as an emergency medical technician for 6 years
- Led a project to develop an entire emergency medical services system in a rural town
in the Dominican Republic
- Student Training Coordinator for the student-led clinics at my medical school, which
includes 5 different clinics in under-served areas of Philadelphia

Internship (this summer) - World Health Organization: Emergency, Trauma, and Acute Care Unit

International Experience - Studied abroad in Costa Rica and United Kingdom and traveled to over 30 countries throughout my life - while in CR and UK, I did comparative analyses between the healthcare system of that respective country and that of the USA

Leadership - Throughout undergrad and now in med school, I have been very active outside of class, including serving on student government, leading student organizations, and starting new student organizations

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:23 pm
sorry for the delay in responding. Critical to your success will be keeping up with leadership and volunteer opportunities, as you have done in the past. You also need to make a strong case as to why you want to pursue the MBA. Acing the GMAT will also help. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/