Request for Profile Evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Request for Profile Evaluation

by guzmannico91 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:45 pm
I am a 25 year old Mexican-American male looking to apply to Booth, Kellogg, Ross, Columbia, and potentially HSW.

I scored a 720 (Q48/V41) GMAT on my first attempt, after a month of light studying, and would like to know if there is value in retaking.

I studied Chemical Engineering at the University of Illinois, and graduated in May 2014 with a 3.1 GPA. There were extenuating family issues during my sophomore year, which corresponded to a significant drop in my GPA, but my transcript shows improvement in the following years and a 3.7 GPA, putting me on the Dean's List, my senior year.

I currently work for a niche chemical engineering consulting firm, in the chemical process safety department, and have been on the developmental fast track.

I am on an auxiliary board for an organization that raises money for victims of domestic violence, and I am a mentor for iMentor Chicago, providing guidance to inner-city high schoolers. For what it is worth, I have been a board member for the Chicago section of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers since beginning my job in 2014.

I am currently part of a pre-MBA developmental program, in which I hope to nail down my path more clearly. I would like to expand my consulting role to a broader market, and get into McKinsey, Bain, or Boston. Alternatively, I would like to go into impact investing, with a focus on clean energy. I hope to have a clearer vision of long term goals by the time I apply in R1 later this year.

Any advice on how to improve my profile, and what my odds are at the schools I selected is strongly welcomed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 am
Very solid. If you think you can improve your GMAT, you have time to do it. It'll help with admissions, might also help with MBB recruiting. cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/