Profile Evaluation Request

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation Request

by Zain » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:45 pm
Hello,

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. My first choice and target school is Georgetown. Looking for specific feedback as it would relate to Georgetown.

Background:
Completed high school in Pakistan. Speak English, Urdu and Hindi. US Citizen.
Undergrad at Michigan State. Graduated from the Supply Chain Program from the business school. GPA 3.32/4
Been working at an auto manufacturing organization in the suburbs of Detroit for the past 4.5 years. Spent 3 years in Procurement and last 1.5 in Corporate Finance.
I was able to travel internationally for work to China, South Korea, UK and Italy. I have received 2 promotions thus far. Looking to continue career in Corporate Finance. After graduation, I would like to look for work in another country with multinational corp to gain more international experience.
GMAT Score 670 (Q45, V37) IR 5 and AWA 6. Took the GMAT a couple of times already, can't take it again before apps are due.
Not a lot of volunteer experience. Was part of a fraternity at MSU, held a couple of positions (Fundraising Chair and Risk Management chair). Besides that only volunteered at company events for charities and a couple of times with local organization.

What are my chances like? I am applying R2

Also applying to part time at Ross and Kellogg. Looking to add a few reach schools for full time programs. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:26 am
Sorry for the delay. Frankly your experience looks decent, with nice international experience. The rest of your application is ok, but doesn't really standout. Georgetown might be doable, with good execution, strong recs, focused goals that also make sense for Georgetown. cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/