Please Evaluate- 2.96 GPA, 710 GMAT

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please Evaluate- 2.96 GPA, 710 GMAT

by crd4d » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:40 am
Just took the GMAT, and got a 710 (49 Q, 38 V). I will be 29 at the time of matriculation, and am a white male. I have worked in a semi-related field, and will have about 6.5 years of experience in Anti-Money Laundering. Here are the schools I'm targeting:

Stretch- LBS, Darden
Target- Kenan-Flagler, McCombs, Owen, Goizueta, Marshall, Fisher

I'm planning on applying to LBS, McCombs, Owen, and Marshall round 1.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:08 am
this is hard to evaluate with the information provided. Your GMAT is good for these schools, obviously your GPA is not going to be an advantage. (You could help address this by signing up for a couple of classes and getting As). You don't mention anything re: community service or extra curricular activities / hobbies. These might help strengthen your application if they are there, and no mention of your goals, post MBA. Make sure your goals are well developed.

I am curious how you selected those schools, I am trying to see the common theme. cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by techbanker12 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:02 am
Alexbr@ClearAdmit wrote:this is hard to evaluate with the information provided. Your GMAT is good for these schools, obviously your GPA is not going to be an advantage. (You could help address this by signing up for a couple of classes and getting As). You don't mention anything re: community service or extra curricular activities / hobbies. These might help strengthen your application if they are there, and no mention of your goals, post MBA. Make sure your goals are well developed.

I am curious how you selected those schools, I am trying to see the common theme. cheers, alex
Hi Alex,

Does it matter whether these classes are taken online or in-person? Do you have any recommendations for a candidate in NYC?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:12 am
I think it matters less than perhaps a few years ago. Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the regional options. cheers, Alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/